Tried everything to treat those tenacious scars and stretch marks? Disillusioned and depressed? Our multiple modality protocol delivers the most dramatic results available.
LOS ANGELES/ORANGE COUNTY STRETCH MARK REMOVAL AND SCAR REMOVAL
At AMA Skincare, we understand how traumatic scars can be, especially those on the face. We also know that many advertised removal treatments don’t deliver on promises, leaving scar sufferers frustrated and disillusioned. At AMA Skincare, our multiple-modality approach is what makes us capable of delivering the results you’re seeking. It’s all about our delicate, gradual and above all artful remodeling of the scar or stretch mark to blend with the rest of your skin that makes us the leader in this challenging treatment.
You can be confident that we hold sacred the trust you invest in us to help you. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to finally leave behind the self-consciousness of scarring and put your best face forward to the world? Now you can.
Scars and stretch marks are all very different and complicated to treat. That’s why we customize each individual scar and stretch mark removal treatment to each patient’s specific needs. A typical treatment protocol usually includes 3-4 different lasers per session, as well as a variety of non-laser modalities such as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) with Physiological Regulating Medicine (PRM) formulations, and hyperbaric oxygen treatments.
First, every scar or stretch mark is individually targeted. Next, we administer a color blending treatment of the scar causing the “turn-over” of excess melanin that may be held in the scar. This evens out coloration, blending it with the surrounding skin. Some scars are red because of excess vascularization. Using a different laser technology, we target this micro-vasculature, to make the redness go away. Lastly, we stimulate the production of new collagen with an intense collagen treatment to fill in the scar from the inside out. This targets old deteriorated collagen fibers deep in the dermis that are beyond repair in order to accelerate its removal through your body’s own natural processes. Other less damaged collagen will be remodeled into new and younger collagen. We also target fibroblast cells throughout the dermis, stimulating them to produce amplified quantities of new, young and healthy collagen. This process requires 2-3 lasers.
The final part of the scar and stretch mark removal treatment smoothes out the surface of the scar with an epidermal resurfacing laser (a laser peel). This phase removes a precise portion of the upper layers of the epidermis (the dead cells on the top layer), along with its imperfections, discolorations, fine wrinkles and roughness.
The following techniques for which specific lasers are utilized to reduce and remodel scars and stretch marks:
- Collagen neogenesis – The stimulation of new collagen growth deep in your dermis that will fill your scars and stretch marks from the inside out.
- Contraction of scars and stretch marks – Deep fractionated micro columns of energy cause a lateral contraction of scars and stretch marks so that they simply become smaller from side to side. This is done at the deepest as well as shallow layers of the dermis.
- Sublative dermal remodeling – With this technique a geometrically reversed pulse of energy is introduced into the deep dermis, causing maximal contraction of the damaged tissue.
- Ablative resurfacing – This smoothes the outer layers of the epidermis so that the skin is smooth to the touch.
- Coagulative resurfacing – This method causes the breakdown and remodeling of the scar and stretch mark collagen which is rigid and hard into well organized and flexible collagen like healthy soft skin.
- Removing hyper pigmentation or dark spots caused by scars and stretch marks
- Epithelial Peel and Regeneration:
- Precisely vaporize the outer-most layer of dead skin
- Induce a complete regeneration of a brand new epithelium that looks absolutely radiant
In many cases, scar and stretch mark removal treatments are integrated with a package of:
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, after each laser session
- Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) utilizing Rotational Acupuncture
- Physiological Regulating Medicine (PRM) formulations
- Silk peels (dermal infusion facials) administered by one of our certified medical aestheticians. The dermal Infusion procedure infuses your dermis with a variety of natural substances which promote further healing and rejuvenation of your skin to its silky-smooth, radiant state.
A series of CIT/PRM treatments along with hyperbaric oxygen treatments are scheduled between laser sessions. Scar and stretch mark removal usually takes approximately 4-6 treatments in 3-4 week intervals.
For information regarding the challenges, truths and misconceptions of treating darker skin types with lasers, visit the Darker Skin FAQ page.