A good friend of mine referred me to this medical practice. I had been considering doing something to improve my skin. I'm in my late 20s and starting to see some of the effects of all those years in the sun (sun spots, pigmentation, discoloration). In addition, I have suffered for years with cystic acne and as a result had some pitted scarring. I finally decided to bite the bullet and make an appt. The space was beautiful, everyone was so friendly, and the consultation was very thorough and informative (and free!). I subsequently had several laser treatments and have had fantastic results. I've never had skin that I felt confident going out without makeup on, and now I do. I had very enlarged pores which made me self-conscious. My skin is smoother, my scarring has greatly reduced, and my overall tone and color of my skin is much improved and more youthful. I am so happy I took her advice and came here for treatment. They are wonderful!
- Pros: friendly and knowledgeable staff, effective procedures, great atmosphere, free gated parking
- Cons: none, seriously
I've had terrible acne and scarring for 25 years. I've tried just about everything to get rid of it. Nothing worked and I hated my terrible skin. AMA's amazing Photo Dynamic Therapy, with ALA and combined with 3 lasers has cleared up my face and healed my scarring. While not baby smooth yet, its the best I have looked in decades. I feel great and I am very greatful.
- Pros: My acne gone!, My scars gone!, I'm so happy!
I have been living with severe cystic acne scarring for about 20 years. I had tried so many treatments and very little results. I gave up and resigned myself that I just had to get used to having a scarred face. Then to make things worse, suddenly at 35 years old, my cystic acne came back worse than ever! It was horrible, a real nightmare. This time however, I was lucky, because a colleague at work told me about the amazing results he had with his acne scars at AMA skincare. Here is my summary:
- The consultation was amazing. I learned more about my condition in one hour than the previous 20 years.
- They have a huge array of lasers. Many more than the 4 other big clinics I went to.
- The doctor customized a treatment protocol for me, that included 6 different lasers, Hyperbaric oxygen therapy, collagen induction therapy, and physiological medicine with acupuncture.
- I had 4 treatments, one every 4 weeks. They numbed my face, so that I barely felt the treatments.
- Recovery time was about 2-3 days of looking a bit raw followed by 2-3 days of peeling. I was never in any discomfort.
- With every treatment I literally saw my skin "morph" into young healthy skin again. It was weird and wonderful to see my skin change from the inside-out.
The staff are friendly and very caring, and the two doctors who own the clinic are world class experts. Also, Dr. Alice Pien has the most gentle hands and a healing touch.
Bottom line: Not only did they make my active cystic acne disappear, my old horrible scars are 90% gone! for the first time in 20 years, I actually like looking at my face in the mirror, and I love the way my new healthy skin feels.
Thanks to American Medical Aesthetics my skin has never looked better. I have struggled with acne and old acne scars for years. They completely got rid of both! I can't believe that I dont have to wear make-up anymore!
- Pros: friendly, informative